Right Moving When Downsizing For Retirement
Right Moving, are your parents retired and downsizing? Chances are they’ll need your help and support to ensure a smooth transition to their new home. If you’re not sure where to start, this Van-247delivery house moving services blog will take you through all the steps. Consider these steps before you and your folks get started with the logistics of retirement moving.
Let’s start by taking a look at what’s involved in moving parents out of the family home. How can you make the removal of furniture from house as simple and stress-free as possible?
National House Removals advises that downsizing is different for older people
Micro-living and moving (even with the best removal company) into a compact space is a big trend for millennials and even the newly retired these days. But, don’t be surprised if your older parents aren’t as excited. The idea of moving to a smaller home might not be as exciting for them as you. Change, regardless of how big or small can be unsettling at any stage of life.
Mature adults, especially those over 70, can be very attached to the home they’ve been living in for decades. Saying goodbye to familiar surroundings, friends, and neighbours is never going to be easy. Then, couple this with retirement and downsizing. The home move removals process involves a considerable amount of de-cluttering. It requires a major shift in the way they have lived for much of their adult lives.
As a concerned child or younger relative, the best thing you can do is support them with their difficult but necessary move. Help them to streamline the house furniture removal process with effective planning and gentle persuasion.
What to do?
Here’s what you can do if your parents are downsizing and moving with home removal van to a smaller home soon:
Warm them up to the idea of home to home removals
Big decisions are never easy to make in a hurry, particularly when they involve uprooting yourself. Moving from the house you’ve grown attached to, often over decades is not easy.
- If your parents are downsizing due to health or safety concerns you can use that as a starting point to discuss their relocation. Once they buy into the concept of downsizing you can start taking concrete steps to plan and execute the relocation with compassion. House relocation companies like Van-247delivery are easy to find in the UK.
- House-hunting or viewing retirement homes can be a fun way to get your parents used to the idea of relocating. A Sunday spent touring potential retirement developments followed by a refreshing lunch could be a great way to start.
To find a removal company for retirement moves should be planned well in advance
What are the right moving benefits of a well-thought-out retirement move?
- You can decide as a family when it would be most suitable to make the move. In this way, other family members can be recruited to pitch in. The help comes in handy, particularly if your parents are going to be downsizing and need to lighten the load.
- Aside from our top tip to be patient and understanding of their emotions, here are some other best removal firms tips. These will help you make your parent’s relocation less stressful and more of a footpath on their journey of life.
- For house relocators near me, choose the right season. Spring is an ideal time of year to move when the weather is mild. Your older parents are less likely to be bothered by extreme heat.
- Don’t make them throw everything out, while helping your parents through the downsizing process. It’s important that they are encouraged to keep items that remind them of their life experiences and years together. And, what if they aren’t quite ready to get rid of something that won’t fit into the smaller home? There is always the option of managed London storage or self-storage units.
- Take them on a retirement relocation holiday. Taking the family on a holiday to the town or area your parents are considering moving to is a great way to “feel out” the area together. It’ll also encourage grandkids to visit their grandparents there in the future. This will relieve any feelings of isolation that your parents may be experiencing.
Choose a London moving company that cares for your family and belongings
You might find that your parents feel more comfortable consulting with professional local house removal firms when it comes time to pack up and move their precious belongings to a smaller home.
A team of experts such as Van-247delivery is more able to be objective in persuading them to get rid of items they have an emotional attachment to.
What’s more, you can rest easy knowing that their move is in the hands of an efficient and responsible team. We understand the emotions involved in retirement moves. Our fully trained staff will help them with the packing and unpacking of their prized possessions, all covered by our risk cover.
Contact Van-247delivery through our online form for a free house moving service price by giving us a call at +44 (0) 2045523383. From small moves to large moves, we are your expert moving company. For House Relocators Near Me , please, contact us at: +44 (0) 2045523383 or directly by filling out the form at: house removals
Book your House Removals Fleet Service now
If you would like to read more about right moving read our articles in House movers, why choose Van-247delivery
Van-247delivery with Pride.