Office Removals Company, Office Relocation Analysis
Office Removals Company, embarking on an office relocation can be daunting. But, there are lots of tools that can help you. We share some technical tips from our Van-247 office removals London.
Here is a list of some technological suppliers to consider when starting the process of analysis for office your office relocation.
Planning through an Office Removal Company
When planning an office move there are lots of things to consider.
Determine the following:
- The best location for your new office
- The administrative and financial implications of the move
- The effect the move will have on your employees
Coordinating teams and managing information can be stressful. Did you know there are tools to help you? Awareness of the risks and benefits associated with your move is crucial.
Asana is a project management platform that will allow you to coordinate your team on all the factors around your move.
- A dashboard to have an overview of the relocation project.
- Folders to manage workflows for different aspects of the move, such as location analysis, budget and logistics.
- The ability to assign tasks to individuals and involve key members of staff in decisions about the move.
- Colour coding by priority to make it clear where which tasks are urgent for the move.
- A calendar to create deadlines to schedule aspects of the office relocation, such as staff consultations, meetings with vendors and the move day itself.
- The ability to integrate information from other platforms, such as Slack. Slack can allow you to instant message you to discuss aspects of the move.
- Reporting function to update stakeholders on the progress of the move, including timelines and the finances associated with the move.
Staff’s own designated offices is not needed by every business. In fact, some companies thrive on shared environments where they can socialise and collaborate with a diverse set of businesses. There are multiple companies that offer shared workspaces, such as WeWork, Hubble and CBRE.
These spaces can foster collaboration and can also offer a range of amenities, including:
- Tea and coffee facilities
- Front desk services
- Office Supplies
- Gym facilities
- break-out rooms
- Daily cleaning
- 24/7 building access
Shared office environments can work for start-ups in larger businesses and freelancers.
Assessing potential neighbourhoods is a big part of the analysis for office relocation. You need to consider:
- Proximity to competitors
- Proximity to potential clients or partners
- The environment, such as noise and air pollution
- Proximity to local amenities, such as cafes and gyms
- Crime rates
Property detective is an online tool that allows you to research an area by entering the postcode of a property. The property detective then returns a report on the area.
The full report includes statistics on:
- Education – primary, secondary schools, private schools and childcare
- Neighbourhood – who lives in the area, crime rates and family friendliness
- Transport – travel connections
- Nuisances – planes, trains & roads, smells and noise pollution
- Amenities – food shopping and utilities
- Things to do – days out, nights out, health & fitness
When considering locations to move your office to, you need to make sure that the transport links are adequate. This is especially true if you are considering an office relocation to a suburban area, where public transport options may be limited. Considering parking could be vital to retaining staff and maintaining productivity and morale.
ArcGIS, powered by Esri is a mapping platform that allows you to plot car parking facilities onto a map.
You can then analyse these facilities in relation to your potential office locations. ArcGIS also allows you to map amenities, such as hotels, restaurants and attractions.
Retaining staff can be a challenge during an office relocation. Taking your employee’s needs into consideration is vital. This is especially true when it comes to changes in commute times and costs. The number of time people spends travelling can be an incentive or deterrent.
Our expert team Office removals in London at Van-247 allows you to assess the effect on your office relocation and what it will have on existing staff.
Van-247 Office Removals Company Guide Features Include:
Staff postcode visualisation
You can make a map with your employee’s postcodes to view them in relation to a potential office location.
Staff travel time heat mapping
You can then create a heat map showing where staff can travel to within a certain travel time limit.
Change the mode of transport
You can change the mode of transport to reflect how each staff member gets to work.
Narrow down the area within which to search for the new premises
You can view the information using a program like Google Earth. This allows you to filter out the unreachable areas on the heat map and narrow your search.
Create a staff commute time matrix
You can get a matrix of the difference between commute times to each potential office, for each employee.
Staff commute cost analysis with Van-247
If your staff travel by public transport, you can calculate the cost of a weekly, monthly or annual season ticket Van-247 Office Removals Companies can help.
Book your office removals with Van-247, whether you are expanding or just changing locations. Keep the above tips in mind when searching for an office removals company like Van-247. Our if you want to know much more about office removals you can read our article: Office Removals London Moving Treads
For a quotation contact us at +44 (0) 204-552-3383 or fill out a form at https://van-247delivery.com/office-removals/
One of our agents will call you within 5 minutes.