Piano Mover speak about top tips
Piano mover, let’s get down to business. There’s a long list of things that need to be done before, during, and after the moving day of a piano. If there’s a piano in your household? things can get a little more complicated when thinking of moving?
Why do we make these articles? simple, to share our experience with you.
Are we kidnapping you for a long time? We will be as short as possible.
What is the best way to move a piano by myself?
We all work hard for our money, so it’s natural to want to find cost-effective solutions when you want to transport your piano. Generally speaking, it’s not recommended to move without the help of professionals. This is to avoid injuries or damage to the piano. Do you know how many people you need to do this job? Only a company can estimate. And it’s better to let them take responsibility as an insurance policy.
If you have no other option, here are a few tips to safely move your piano.
Top tips from the Van-247.
- Never push or drag a piano across the floor. This can snap the legs.
- You’ll need at least 3 people who’ve been briefed on the instructions.
- In homes with carpeted or wooden floors, use plywood under the piano to avoid damaging the floor.
- Keyboard covers and the lid hinge pins should be removed and carefully wrapped.
- If the lid isn’t removable, secure it with straps or lock it.
- Legs should be removed one at a time, starting with leg 1 and without dropping the piano.
- Place the piano on thick tissue and then wrap it in moving blankets.
- Secure the blankets with moving straps.
- Getting a piano dolly or a trolley will make things easier.
- Make sure the floor of the van used to move the piano is level.
- Don’t take risks with heavy items like a piano.
- Use tilt lift or ramp to loading or unloading in or out from the van.
- Check the expiration date of the insurance before loading the piano.
Obviously, this is a mouth full, and it would be best to move a piano through professionals. There are some situations where you’ll need to take extra care… so, just leave it to the experts!
Explaining the best way to moving an upright piano
For example, you may live on an upper floor, own a grand piano, or have a piano that doesn’t fit through the door. If that’s the case, don’t take any risks and hire a Van-247 team professional . Do you want to know much more ? We have preparate for you: Transporting a piano in musical steps .
What to do next?
At Van-247 we have expert to move all over the UK. We are only a phone call away. We can safely move your piano wherever you go!
Call us at +44 (0) 2045523383 or fill out the contact form below. Van-247 delivers excellent house removals, office removal, and pallet transport and may be reached via Linkedin, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter
For a quotation contact us at +44 (0) 2045523383 or fill out a form at Piano Transport | Experienced piano movers – Van-247 (van-247delivery.com) One of our agents will call you within 5 minutes.
Van-247delivery — Delivered with Pride